Words spill forth on the page
Allowing me to say what I really want to say
The world sees someone I’m really not
Courageous, secure, and strong a lot
I’ve fooled them and maybe myself by wearing this façade
Deep down I’m scared, and afraid, and sometimes I can’t hear God
Put on a smile and make them think I’m fine
While really I’m crying tears of hurt inside
Why do we do this? All wear masks and different faces
Why can’t we be real and look deep inside at real places?
Why do we hide our hurt away
Thinking if we do it will go away someday
Where does the idea come from we always have to be strong
Why can’t we have days were we simply exist and really long
To rest in the arms of our Father’s love and grace
To be cradled close in His warm embrace
It’s okay to need Him and okay to cry
He understands, He had a son that died
God gives us the courage to be real
To show each other how we truly feel
To stop living as if we are someone we’re not
To see the good and bad in the lives we’ve got
To reach out and take His hand
To find the courage to finally stand
To live life real today
Regardless of what the world around us has to say
Grace for the moment that’s all we ask
The ability to complete the task
Authenticity in all of its beauty for your glory
As we each live out our lives and share our own story
Thank you Father and help us to see
That in you we have the ability to simply be
In you we live and move and have our being
Never without hope and always seeing
That while it might not make sense today
You provide for us a perfect way
Your love that guides us in all we do
For in this all glory and honor we give to You
No comments:
Post a Comment