Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Voice





So, for awhile now I've been thinking about creating a page to put my poems and other random thoughts. Decided it was about time. I love to write. It's a big part of who I am. I write because it allows me to say what I really want to say and sometimes can't. I write because I love to. I love to create. I love the power that words have, and believe that with that power comes the responsibility to use our words to encourage and build others up. I try to do that. I think words on a page give people a voice that might not otherwise be heard.



I write for the joy of it. I write because I can't not write and when I can't write, it makes me sad. Sometimes I write based on what I myself and feeling and sometimes I try and put myself in others shoes and write what I think they might be feeling. Writing makes me feel more connected to people and to God. It allows me to be me. Maybe it's that writing allows people to just be who they are.

At the end of the day, I write because I can't not write. I write because there is something within me that wells up and spills forth. I write because it's a gift from God and one that I wish to share in hopes of drawing others to the God who Creates and has given me a gift in the form of being able to create something. too. It's my prayer that my words would bring glory to God and hope to others. Sometimes it makes sense...and sometimes it's just a beautiful mess. Thanks for letting me share my voice and speak :)

No comments:

Post a Comment