Torn
I am torn between what is and what could be
What I hope for and what I can see
I am torn between caring and letting go
Between what I feel and what I know
I am torn between believing and not wanting to dream
Between what the possibilities are and all that’s in between
I am torn between what I want and what I can’t have
Between things that will make me happy and things that will make me sad
I am forever longing for what I know could be
But realizing no one else can make the choices for me
I am torn between believing everyone deserves someone to understand
And thinking some people just want to be angry and hurt everyone they can
I am torn between being optimistic and being real
Between what is logical and how I feel
I am torn in my thinking that sometimes people’s lives dictate who they become
And believing with God any battle can be beaten and victory can be won
I am torn between my idealistic view of the world and the reality of what I can see
Between what is now and what with different choices could one day be
I am torn between believing I know anything for sure anymore
Between understanding whose happier, the rich or the poor
The only think I can say for certain in this world is that God is real
He goes beyond what I think or how I feel
He is who He says He is and will always be
And that is the one thing that allows me to keep going and see
That though there isn’t much in this world I understand
God is with me, He holds my hand
And while I might not understand all that is
I know for certain that I am His
So, I will continue to walk this struggle between what is and what could be
Because I know my Savior walks this road with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment