
Crying Out
God I'm breaking
Spinning, crashing, losing control, aching
Longing, crying, reaching out
Hurting, dying, I want to shout
Why, when, how long must I be in this place?
Whatever happened to your love and grace?
You promised not more than I could bear
Where are you now? Are you even still here?
Do you care that I can't see you or feel you in the midst of this pain?
I'm hungry, I'm longing, please send some rain
This drought has lasted for so long
I've got nothing to give, not even a song
Why must we suffer, where is your grace?
I've got nothing left; I can't see your face
I struggle, I grasp, I cry out to You
Is there anyway out, anything I can do?
Do I even know what it means to know you anymore?
It's like you've walked away and closed the door?
But wait-maybe there's still a glimpse of your light
Maybe you’re not completely out of sight
Maybe your still there somewhere
And maybe you still love me and maybe you still care
Maybe I don't have to walk this path alone
Maybe in all of this heartache and struggle real grace is known
Maybe your right here and never left my side
Maybe you understand because you had a Son that died
Maybe you know a bit of heartache and pain too
Because you didn't spare even your own Son from what He had to do
Maybe in the midst of all of the struggle and pain
You give relief, you send healing rain
Maybe it's not about taking everything that hurts away
Maybe it's about finding the courage to say
That no matter what I'll still praise you in what I do
Because no matter what your still you
You’re still holy and sovereign and loving and kind
Grace in the midst of every moment we can find
Your still in control, you still are on your throne
Even in those moments I think I'm alone
You’re still faithful and full of grace
Even when I feel like I can't feel your embrace
You still take the broken pieces and make them whole
You still whisper your gentle words and touch my soul
You still are God and I am not
You still provide the comfort and love I've always sought
You pick up the broken pieces that feel like they will never be right again
You forgive all the times I've failed and I've sinned
You welcome me back with arms open wide
You see all the things I've hidden inside
You set my feet on solid ground when I'm breaking
You give me courage when my heart is aching
You love me when I can't love myself or others around me
You open my eyes to see all of your beauty
You teach me to sing a new song
One that you created within me and knew all along
Thank you for lifting me out of the ashes and allowing me to dance
Thank you for giving me a second chance
Thank you for making me whole again
Thank you for forgiving me all of my sins
Thank you for all that you are and you do
I am who I am because of you
Thank you for blessing me in the midst of it all
Thank you for saving me from my fall
Thank you seems so inadequate to say
Because of you I can live a new way (another day)
Grace for the moment is all I ask
The ability to complete this task
Faith when I can't see where I'm going or what to do
Hope that You love me and will see me through
God you are good and always will be
Give me the ability to remember that and see
You are and so I can be
God, You really have blessed this broken road that's been part of my journey.
Written by:
Kendra Bermosk
No comments:
Post a Comment