Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Amazed


A few months ago I was thinking of how awesome God is and just standing in awe of His goodness and grace. This was my attempt to put into words just how amazed I am when I think about all God is and all He has done for me.


Amazed

What do I have to offer but these words to You

Such a small offering in comparison to all that You do



What do I have to offer but a heart that’s been dented and scarred

By the ups and downs of a life that sometimes seems quite hard



What do I have to offer but a song sung way off key

But sung by a voice that wishes she had something more to offer her King



What do I have to offer but empty hands held high in praise

Seems like there should be something more to You I could raise



What do I have to offer but my gratitude and love

For the gift of your Salvation that was given through the death of Your Son



What do I have to offer but a prayer of desperation and a cry torn from my heart

But maybe a willing heart and desperate prayer is exactly the place to start



What do I have to give that would ever be enough

All I have is empty hands and worthless stuff



I have nothing to give You that could ever compare to what You’ve given me

But I can offer my time, my voice, my willingness to be




What You created me to be

When you set my heart into motion and breathed life into me



I can’t give you money, or riches, or fame

But I can give You praise and bless Your amazing name



Standing before You I realize how big You are and how small I am

And to think You love me anyway and hold me in Your hand



I’ve got nothing to give that would ever even come close to what you deserve

But I can give you my hands and my feet and my willingness to serve



To know that the God of the universe cares about me and knows my name

Is incomprehensible and to some it might seem insane



But I know You and it’s true

I’ve stood in Your presence and I’ve known what it’s like to hear from You



I’ve looked in wonder at the stars in the night sky

And I’ve seen the intricate detail of the firefly



I’ve stared in awe at the majesty of Your mountains standing tall

And I’ve gazed in wonder at the beautiful colors of the leaves every fall



I’ve seen the miracle of new life in a baby’s small face

And I’ve known the wonder of a comforting embrace



I’ve seen the resilience of children who’ve seen too much to young

And I’ve heard of amazing battles and victories that have been won



I’ve gazed upon your creation in wonder and awe

And wondered what it is in any of us that you ever saw



What is it that You choose to pursue us

And woo us?



and call us each by name

and love us all the same?



The great mystery is that You choose us

When we cry out in anger and put up a fuss



You would rather be with us than without

When we can’t get our lives together and we always seem to doubt



What is it that allows You to have such infinite patience for those You created

When we are pessimistic, and angry and sometimes jaded?



You alone are the author of this gift of life You give

You alone are the one that calls us forth to live



So what do I have to offer You, my great King

It seems like the answer is that I don’t have anything



But I stand before You and offer all I have

A heart that longs to know You and a willingness to stand



On Your promises and in Your love

And accept Your gift from above



What I have to offer seems so insignificant and small

But it’s the only gift I have to give you at all



I can’t give You much, but what I have to offer You is me

And a life that’s lived for You and for Your glory.



I don’t know why You want me but You do

So I lay all that I have at Your feet and worship You.



Love so amazing, so infinite and strong

A heart full of praise, I sing a new song



I am Yours and You are mine

I once was lost, I once was blind



But now I know what I should have known and understood long ago

What You were waiting for me to understand and finally know



It’s not about what I am lacking or even about what I have to give

You gave it all that I might live



That I might have life and have abundantly

That I might find joy and praise to sing



That I might choose to love You

That I might want to be made new



You wanted me to give myself willingly

You didn’t want to force Yourself on me



You pursued me because of Your great love for me

And You waited for me to see



That I can’t earn my way or be good enough

And I can’t buy my way or give You more stuff



You own the cattle on a thousand hills and everything else that we see

But You wanted me to choose to give You me.



Thank You for pursing me and wooing me

And opening my eyes to see



That You love me and want me

And You see me and allow me the grace to be



Shaped by the Master’s hand

It’s all part of Your amazing plan



So I give You me

And I pray my life tells Your story



I pray it leads others to You

And that You are the one that they would choose.



Everything I have to You I give

Including this life I have to live.



Praise and honor, to You all the glory

You know the ending of my story.



Written by: Kendra Bermosk

April 26, 2011

.

No comments:

Post a Comment