Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home


Been reflecting on the idea of home lately and what it means. I think it's more then just a word....I think it's a feeling. Maybe it's the idealist in me, but I think home is where we long to be, in whatever sense of the word. Maybe not the physical place, but sometimes there as well. I think the idea of home is a place where we can go and be, where we know we are loved no matter what...faults and all. Where we are accepted and given the chance to grow and dream. Where we are free to fall down and given the support to get back up. It's where we know at the end of the day....we can lay our head down and rest because we don't have to pretend to be anything other than what we are. When I was thinking about it I realized that true home, in the most authentic sense of the word is God. He is unconditional love, security, grace. He placed within us dreams and purpose and I imagine He loves to dream with us.....the possibilities....if we would listen and follow Him. I can picture resting in His arms at the end of a long day while He holds us safe and secure. I don't know....I think that Home is Him and while we are here He is still with us showing a glimpse of what that means, what it looks like...but one day we will know true Home. Wouldn't that be awesome. My prayer is that I can be a place where people feel at home while they are waiting for their eternal Home.




Home is ...

Click my ruby red slippers together, I want to go home

Somewhere I know I am loved, where I don't have to feel so alone


Somewhere where I am accepted for who I am and want to be

where everyone knows me and dreams with me


Where there are possibilities and ideas waiting to be born

where I know I'm not the only crazy one, crazy is the norm


Somewhere where I can feel unconditional love

and warmth and grace from above


Somewhere where I can just be me

and all the different things that that means


somewhere where people know me and I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not

Where love isn't borrowed, or bargained, doesn't have to be bought


Tell me there's a place I can call home

a place where I can come back to no matter how far I roam


They say home is where the heart is and if that's true

I suppose God the only true home is when I'm with You


We all long for security, a place to just be

a place where we are enough and it's okay to be me


We all long for that place, that feeling that it's all going to be alright

that we can rest awhile, stop fighting the fight


We all long for that place where we are simply known

That place we can always rely on, believe, that place called home


Maybe home isn't so much of a place where we can lay our head

Maybe it can be found in the kind words of a friend


Or in the glimpse of an unselfish act

when others who have, give to those who lack


and maybe it's found when we look around and see

someone who cares about you and me


maybe it's found in the voice of a stranger walking by

that takes a moment to notice us, to say hi


and maybe it's found when we treat others with dignity

and look beyond what we can only see


and maybe it's found in tiny miracles every day

like a child getting well and being going home to stay


I don't know, I don't think that home is so much of a place

as it is a feeling we long to embrace


Home is where the heart is, it's true

Home is where we find You.


Home is where we rest in Your love

that you shower upon us from up above.


Home is safe in Your arms

No matter what comes are way, safety or harm


Home is knowing You

Trusting You will do what you say you will do


Home is peace and joy that can only come from You

Because You never change, You do what You say You will do.


May I be home to those around me

May I be somewhere where they can see


You, Your love and Your grace

May they see You when they see my face


May they know acceptance, security, and love as they see

That I can only show those things when You're in me


May I never be so far from Home myself that I miss a chance to be

Home for others around me


May I never take for granted my love from You

That I forget exactly what You've called me to


May I never be so focused on what I'm doing that I miss out on what You have for me

and may I be a place where every day You are seen


And one day when my time on earth is done

and I've run the good race and the victories won


May I finally know what glory really means

when I live with You in eternity


When I finally look upon Your face

and know the fullness of Your love and grace


That day I'll stand knowing I will never again be alone

Because I've finally found my one true home.


Written by Kendra Bermosk

November 25, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment