Prodigal Son
Longing, daring to believe I could go home
That the Father would take me back and I wouldn’t have to feel so alone
Do I dare to believe He could forgive all I’ve done
Even if I am his own child, his own son?
Do I dare to hope he might take me in
Knowing I could cause him pain again?
All that I had I squandered away
All that I had I used for selfish gain
All that I thought I wanted he gave to me
All that I ever needed to break away, to be free
Yet all that I ever had wasn’t enough
It was empty things and worthless stuff
Running into my Fathers outstretched arms
Holding me close, sheltering me from harm
Taking me back, showering me with love and light
What an incredible, amazing sight
Love shines down, forgiveness complete
Showing me where real grace and love meet
This is all I longed for, all I ever wanted and more
This is what living is about, what it’s all for
Father thank you for that kind of love and grace
Father thank you for that warmth, your embrace
Father thank you for the light you give, you pour down from above
So we each can feel that same kind of all encompassing love.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Older Brother
Resentment you’ve got a hold on me
Making me to blind to be able to see
The view of the other
Instead I’m mad at my brother
I did everything right
But you took him back without even a fight
I have always been here
Even while he was away somewhere
I helped, I cried, I sweated, I tried
But yet, you always seem to take his side
I’m the one who has done it all
And felt like you never even saw
Now He’s back and like before
It’s him you love, him you adore
You throw a party in His honor for all to attend
His relationship with you, you’ve allowed to mend
What about me, where do I fit in
He’s the one who went away, he’s the one that sinned
Anger eating me up inside
Feeling like part of me has shriveled up and died
I don’t want to feel this way any more
Father your love is the only true cure
If you can love enough to forgive
Maybe I can love enough to live
Change this heart deep within
Forgive my wrongs, forgive my sins
Change me from the inside out
Show me what true love and grace is about.
I want to be able to celebrate too
I can only do that if I follow what I see in You
Help me love my younger brother
Help me show grace to another
Than I will finally be free to do
All the things you want me to
Grace that frees, love that saves
So I can praise You all of my days
Stepping back, letting go
Finally having the chance to know
The answers rest in my Fathers arms
Holding me close, keeping me from harm
Only then can I finally see
Home is exactly where I’m meant to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment