Wednesday, July 27, 2011

To Be

TO BE:



Moment by moment my life ticks by

Why does the time always seem to fly?



It’s like watching my life in fast forward

Quickly rushing through the pages of my life

Each day going by faster than the last

And I just want to yell stop

Stop the craziness

And the madness

And the extreme sadness of missing

Of missing out

Missing out on life because I don’t have time to live it

I want to live

I want to enjoy each moment

I don’t want to wake up one day 90 years old and realize I missed something

Something beautiful

And special

And amazing.



Where does it go?

How do we slow it down?

They say time waits for no man

And I suppose that means time waits for no woman too

And if that’s true

Which I know it’s true

Than what can we do?

How do we make each moment count?

And last?

And not fly by so fast?



I’m asking because I really want to know

It’s not a question just to ask and then let go



I want to live

I want to notice the blessings

I want to count them

I want to recognize God in this moment

In this day

In this place

I want to see what He is doing and be there

I want to be where He is at

And participate in what He is up to

Not just look back and realize what I missed



So…I ask you….how do we slow time down?

How do we live in the present?

How do we make this moment matter?

How do we not miss out on what is truly pure

Truly beautiful

Truly unique

And special, and one of a kind

How do we participate in our life?

How do we make space for another?

How do we reach out?

Step in?

Be part of something?

Something bigger, better than what we currently have?

What we currently see?



I want to be part of my life.

I want to be part of your life.

I want to be part of God’s design.

I want to be.



God give me the strength to be present in this moment

In this day

In this place.

God give me the grace to walk this journey day by day

Moment by moment.

God give me the wisdom

And the heart

And the courage

To live.

To be.

To believe.

To be free.

Free to sing,

Free to love,

Free to laugh,

To cry.



To enjoy and take pleasure in the things you’ve given

The blessings You have showered upon me

In each moment of my life.



Help me to recognize that your great love is all consuming

All encompassing

All embracing

Beautiful

And free.



Help me to understand and listen and be

Be who you created me to be.

To encourage others to be.

To be who you created them to be.



And help me to understand I can only do this when I’m in tune with you.

Like a well played melody.

In tune and played by a Master.

The Master.

The only Master of all.

May my life be lived one moment at a time and become a great symphony

A symphony of rhythms, and times, and places, and moments

Of grace, and space, and beauty.



May I be ever true to you, to myself, and to what You created me to be.

For to You be the glory. To You may my story

Be written, be sung, be painted, be played

On the stage of this great canvas of life.



To You be all glory. For You I live MY story.

Now and forever

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment