
Finding ourselves on a road we don’t want to be on
Wondering again where it all went wrong
This isn’t the way we planned it to be
Why couldn’t we look forward and ultimately see
The choices we made, the life that we lived
Would lead to heartache and the need to forgive
They say hind sight is twenty twenty
Well, I know it must be because I can see I’ve messed up plenty
But somehow in the midst of it all
God looked at me and must have saw
Someone worth loving anyway
Because He reached down and held me in the midst of the pain
He gave me the strength to move forward again
He sent His son who died for my sin
Somehow I realize I am who I am today
Not because my life is perfect in anyway
But because God’s grace reached out to me when I was still lost
He paid the price for me, which came with a cost
Because of His love and mercy and grace
One day I will meet Him and stand face to face
But until that day I’ll look forward, always marching on
Realizing because of Him I can sing a new song
He took it all upon the cross
My sorrow, my pain, all I’ve lost
The road isn’t perfect and never will be
But God blessed the broken pieces and promises to walk next to me
Holding my hand along the way
So I’ll live to bring Him glory every day
And when this life is done I’ll look back and see
All of the pieces of my life fit together perfectly.
Written by: Kendra Bermosk
No comments:
Post a Comment