Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beautiful Mess



So today this phrase kept running through my head all day....Beautiful Mess. It's kind of how I'd describe life and the journey we are all on. It's got moments of absolute beauty and moments that are such a mess you gotta wonder. But....wow. When you think about it and put it together....it's a Beautiful Mess we're in :)



Beautiful Mess


It's a beautiful mess, this journey I'm taking

Years of my life weaving together and making


Something different, something new

Help me God, to point others to You


I couldn't have planned it, and I can't imagine it

But somehow you formed me in my mothers womb and skillfully knit


My life together, piece by piece

and one day I turned it over to you, released


all I held so tightly to

Because I wanted my life to reflect You


Move me, mold me, shape me, make me

Open my eyes so others can see


The beauty You created wasn't formed without pain

My life will never again look the same


cause you took what was broken and gave it purpose, gave me life

and you walked with me through the pain and strife


and you saw me when I couldn't even see

and with grace You showed me how to be me


all You pictured, all You designed

all You wanted me to find


Spinning circles, arms flung wide

Nothing keeping others from seeing inside


To what I am, to who I am and want to be

Blinded eyes opened to see


Beauty and color and life and love

Grace and mercy from above


I am free

Free to be me


I am loved and held and sheltered and gripped by grace

and I am amazed and awed by Your loving face


I am because You are

and it doesn't matter if I travel near or far


It doesn't matter if I stumble

or this path gets all crazy and jumbled


It doesn't matter if I fail or make a mistake

Because I am held firmly and gripped by grace


so God walk with me on this crazy journey, where ever it's taking me

Because wherever You are is where I want to be


You are the beginning and end and all the inbetweens

And really, what I think that actually means


Is that I have the ability to live and love and create

and laugh and smile or quietly wait


For whatever You have in store

Because God I am forever and undeniably Yours.


12-1-10 Kendra Bermosk

No comments:

Post a Comment