Wednesday, July 27, 2011

To Be Free...


To be free, truly free
We must be willing to simply be

To look beyond the past and the lies
To open up and let the Lord inside

Longing, dying, crying to be
More then anyone in this world ever sees

Everything pulling me a hundred different ways
So much craziness filling up my days

Dreaming of the way it could be
If I’m willing to look beyond myself and see

All I am, all I could be
Make me free Lord, free to sing

Take my brokenness, my failure and shame
Cover them and make me new by the power of your name

I am more then the world sees
I am more then they want me to be

Flowing grace like water runs down
Washes over me and suddenly I am found

All that was lost isn’t any more
I’ve closed the old and walked through a new door

I chose to be more
No longer for me, but for you Lord

Take me, make me something new
I am different Lord because of You

You are, so I can be
I’ve finally found you and I am free

I am not my own, I belong to You
Make me into who you want to

I will speak with boldness and love
You died for me, gave up your own Son

So I will sing because I am free
I will be who you want me to be

Written April 2007
Kendra Bermosk

No comments:

Post a Comment